Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Lizard Troop 2

©Armand Serrano.
The original drawing (fig.4) was done a while back in graphite and marker on animation paper. When I opened the file recently I didn't like the character anymore especially it's weak pose (it reminds me of Dinotopia). So I modified the character in Photoshop as well as the creature (fig. 3) and made them a little more dynamic. Shadows are added for emphasis. Then I tried out different color schemes and this is the one I'm kinda happy with (fig. 2). At this point, I thought I'm almost done until I said to myself, well, why not. So I went ahead and added the whole environment and had so much fun painting it. It's a four and a half hour sitting in Photoshop.

14 comments:

C.Deboda said...

Cool! And the changes you made did make it even better IMO. Thanks for sharing.

kcirbuk said...

Veri cool!!!

FANTASTIC!!!!

Paco K.

Unknown said...

WOW!! Love the two headed lizard!! Beautiful!

justinpatrickparpan said...

Well it looks fantastic man. Time well spent, bravo and keep em' coming!

andrew said...

great blog, I like your layouts and digital coloring

Craig Mackay said...

nice work!

Doron Meir said...

Coolness - really nice with the environment and all. I actually liked the 1st character more though - I thought the pose worked better with the creature's pose. We get so much "stong & dinamic" poses all the time, that it can refreshing to me to see a more relaxed, natural pose.

Martin Wittig said...

Wow! What great concepts! Really NICE WORK!!:)

Toni Reyna said...

Great job!and congrant for the PAcific blog too!!

harlequinpan said...

Bravo!!

Armand Serrano said...

Thanks.

Belinha Fernandes said...

It's like a vision...very good work.I love Photoshop but I hardly know how to use it!I'm learning...Congrats!

K.B. said...

STELLAR ARMAND !! ( Hello from an old Disney friend.)

Alessandra Sorrentino said...

I love the sketch no.3 it's so cool! and great work all over your blog, thanks for sharing!